In order to handle matters regarding forensic examination, personnel training and forensic medicine research and development, the Ministry of Justice has hereby established the Institute of Forensic Medicine（hereinafter the Institute）.
The Institute is responsible for the following matters：
1. Examine, inspect, identify and study deceased bodies, pathology and causes of death.
2. Examine, inspect, identify and study medicine and toxic substances.
3. Examine, inspect, identify and study criminal evidence.
4. Explain and study complicated examinations in terms of forensic medicine.
5. Direct and supervise the forensic medicine businesses of the prosecutors’ offices of all district courts.
6. Training of forensic medicine personnel.
7. Other research and development regarding forensic medicine.
The Institute has one director with a rank of selected appointment, 12th to 13th grade；the post may be served by related medical personnel with a rank of senior grade（1）in accordance with the Medical Personnel Management Act. The Institute also has one deputy director with a rank of selected appointment, 11th to 12th grade.
The official ranks and number of personnel for all positions of the Institute will be determined by the table of organization otherwise prepared.
The Act will be implemented on the date stipulated by the Executive Yuan via order.