The Regulations are established pursuant to Article 28, Paragraph 2 of the Statute of Progressive Execution of Penalty and Article 9, Paragraph 2 of the Prison Camp Act.
Level 1 prisoners in progressive treatment in prisons and prisoners in prison camps with a score of more than 9 points and no suspension of outdoor activities in the most recent month may, based on a resolution of the prison committee's meeting, receive permission for conjugal time with spouse and sharing time with direct kin within designated quarters.
Where the prisoner is involved in investigations or trials in other cases, the prison committee shall review the case in detail before granting permission.
As a principle, level 1 prisoners in progressive treatment in prisons and prisoners in prison camps may have conjugal and sharing time with family dependents once every month for no more than seven days each time. However, where there are extraordinary circumstances, an extension of one to three days may be given.
The extension of the period in the preceding paragraph shall require a resolution of the prison committee's meeting.
With the authorization of the warden, the disciplinary staff of prisons may visit family dependents on conjugal and sharing time with the prisoners and include the results of the interviews into the records for reports to the warden.
Level 1 prisoners in progressive treatment in prisons, prisoners in prison camps, and their family dependents on conjugal or sharing time shall abide by the following rules:
1. Family dependents on conjugal or sharing time with the prisoner shall provide their national identity cards or other forms of identification sufficient to prove their identity for registration.
2. They shall keep the equipment in the dormitory in good condition and transfer them to the management personnel after leaving the dormitory. They shall be responsible for compensation for any damage or loss based on actual costs.
3. They shall abide by the opening and closing time for entry and exit to and from the dormitory.
4. The prisoners shall be required to work and rest based on their schedule.
5. They may not gamble, consume alcohol, or conduct other inappropriate behaviors in the dormitory.
6. They shall be responsible for cleaning the internal and external space of the dormitory and maintain the cleanliness of the environment.
7. They may not hold contraband items during the stay and they shall be solely responsible for the custody of their personal items.
8. They shall leave the dormitory in a timely manner at the expiry of the conjugal or sharing time and they may not delay for any reason.
9. Level 1 prisoners in progressive treatment in prisons may not cook in the dormitory by themselves if the dormitory where they have conjugal or sharing time with family dependents is not equipped with a kitchen.
10. Family dependents on conjugal or sharing time with the prisoner shall register themselves as persons without residences with the household registration authority in accordance with the Household Registration Act.
Where level 1 prisoners in progressive treatment in prisons, prisoners in prison camps, and their family dependents on conjugal or sharing time exhibit inappropriate conduct or failure to abide by regulations in the preceding article, the warden may revoke the permission for conjugal or sharing time at any time and report to the prison committee.
Family dependents on conjugal or sharing time with the prisoner shall be required to prepare their own food.
The prisons shall report the records of prisoners and family dependents on conjugal or sharing time to the Ministry of Justice for reference at the end of each month.
The Regulations shall take effect immediately upon promulgation.